Hunting is a serious and responsible occupation, and the hunter’s approach to choosing equipment is very careful, whether it’s clothes, shoes or binoculars. An extremely necessary component of the outfit is a backpack or other device for carrying goods. In addition, the hunter also has to carry food, clothing, and, of course, trophies. How do you choose the best elk hunting pack? We’ve examined lots of elk hunting pack reviews and created our top list of the best elk hunting packs for 2020-2021.
The best elk hunting pack must be comfortable to wear and be ergonomic. It should be made of strong enough materials so that its skin does not tear, and you have not collected your equipment throughout the forest. The best elk hunting backpack should also be made of low-noise materials, as rustling could give you away at the most inopportune moment, and, of course, it should have an adequate balance of weight and volume. It should not be small – the option in which you can put only a sleeping bag and dishes – but it should not be too large. And, of course, its volume should allow you to take a lot. Therefore, select a medium-sized backpack. This should contain everything that you need, and its volume should be at least 80 liters. By the way, some hunters believe that it is better to buy two backpacks at once. One – for a long hunt (when you go to the forest for a few days), the other – for a one-day hunt. Naturally, the equipment of such backpacks should be different.
WHAT IS THE BEST ELK HUNTING PACK TO CHOOSE?
Depending on the nature of the structure, the best backpacks for hunting elks can be divided into the following types:
- Standard backpack – this is presented in the form of a bag equipped with a metal frame and a suspension. From a rational point of view, this may not be very convenient since the product has a rather impressive weight, especially when it’s full. Besides, the specific nature of the bag makes it uncomfortable when walking, hitching over bushes and trees.
- Anatomical soft models are quite comfortable in the sock because they are small in weight, comfortable in shape and very light on the back, regardless of the weight inside them. However, the main drawback of this product is the almost complete deformation of the things stored there since the backpack walls do not have additional protection. Tip: when choosing anatomical models, try to protect soft objects from damage by placing them in dense containers or reinforcing them in another way.
- A frame backpack will reliably protect all items against damage because it has a reliable base in the form of plates, vertically located to the back. The frame product is reliable and convenient to use, and this elk hunting pack would be the most optimal option for hunting, if not for its rather considerable weight. As usual, it has a lot of places for carrying elk hunting supplies.
- A backpack with additional functional features – can be, for example, a backpack with a chair. In this model, from the outside, there is a specially attached folding chair. To unfold it, just unfasten the existing fasteners. Recommendation: hunters should look at these backpacks because it is a compact and convenient version of a foldable seat, a great backpack, according to elk hunting pack reviews.
BEST ELK HUNTING PACKS BUYING GUIDE – WHAT TO LOOK FOR
The best backpack for hunting elk should be comfortable, roomy and not very heavy. Based on these qualities, here are the main criteria for choosing an elk hunting backpacks:
- Convenience – the most comfortable are considered anatomical models, especially if they have soft support rollers.
- Capacity – the best hunting pack for elk hunting, with a lightweight, is able to accommodate the numerous attributes of the hunter, such as food, water, aluminum utensils, warm clothes, personal hygiene items, documents, and ammunition. Tip: a quality backpack, even an empty one, should keep its shape, and should not swell and lean on one side when it’s filled.
- Quality of the material – the best elk hunting pack should be waterproof to prevent damage to things during rain or unforeseen situations. Pay separate attention to the straps fastening products – they must be strong and resilient, and the clamps need to withstand any load. As for fixing pockets and internal departments, it is more appropriate to use a carbine system for external additions, and internal departments can be decorated with lightning or buttons.
- The rigidity of the frame is one of the main parameters when choosing the best elk hunting pack. Since it will have to be worn a lot, the backpack should be snug to the back as tightly as possible; otherwise, prolonged wearing will bring a lot of discomfort. The best option is the skeleton of the backpack in the shape of the spine, the preferred shape of the bag being elongated and slightly smaller than the width of the shoulders.
- The availability of additional pockets and internal departments provides an opportunity to fill the backpack as tightly as possible, which contributes to more comfortable weight distribution on the back; besides, the things located in the bag will not move during movement, which will protect the hunter from unpleasant sensations.
- Additional slings and pads on the outer side of the elk hunting pack are intended for attaching excess things such as tents, rugs, folding tables, and chairs, etc., so these additions are very useful.
- Internal laces and screeds serve to reduce the volume of the backpack and provide more dense and high-quality storage.
THE BEST ELK HUNTING PACK. OUR ADVICE
As already mentioned above, the choice of an elk hunting pack and elk hunting gear is a very important matter. After all, your comfort during the hunt will depend on the suitability of the backpack you choose. In roomy and comfortable elk hunting packs, you can carry all the necessary supplies and meat; the more pockets it has, the more convenient it is. When choosing a device, pay attention to how often you are going to take this backpack with you, whether you go hunting for just a day, or for several days. Look at its roominess, quality of the material, the presence of additional straps and pockets. As for the best elk hunting pack model, we prefer the Tenzing 6000 Backpack. It is absolutely universal, roomy and made of quality materials. In addition to everything else, you can take a sleeping bag, with you, which can be easily attached to the bottom of the backpack. This t elk hunting pack is ideal for long-term hunting, and it will serve the owner for a long period without any problems.