Many people who go camping are always worried about keeping food and drinks fresh. There are many options for saving food and beverages in refrigerated bags, and so on. However, this is not always convenient; moreover, you can only place a few products in such a bag. Cooler has the most convenient storage option. It is a very convenient device, which often does not require a network connection. It has enough space for keeping drinks and food, and in addition, it can keep cold for several days. Moreover, the camping cooler fits in the car perfectly.
In this article, you will find camping cooler reviews on the most popular and high-quality coolers that currently exist on the market with detailed characteristics, benefits, and instructions on how to choose the best cooler for camping that perfectly suits your needs.
Top 5 Best Camping Coolers: Comparison Table
|Product||Ice keep time||Insulation||Size||Weight|
|Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Zipperless Hardbody Cooler||Up to 3 days||Deep Freeze||30 cans||3.37 lbs|
|YETI Tundra 65 Cooler||4-6 days||PermaFrost||65 quart / 42 cans||29 lbs|
|RTIC Ice Chest Hard Cooler||Up to 10 days||3 inch of foam insulation||45 quart||25 lbs|
|Pelican 20 Quart Elite Cooler||Up to 3 days||2 inches of polyurethane insulation||20 quart / 15 cans||15 lbs|
|Coleman Steel-Belted Cooler||Up to 4 days||n/a||54 quart / 85 cans||15 lbs|
Best Overall: Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Zipperless Hardbody Cooler
Arctic Zone is a brand that mainly relies on two principles: innovation and quality. They have a wide range of right quality products, available at a reasonable price.
- Triple-layer, high-performance insulation system.
- Provides superior cooling because of the radiant heat barrier and retains ice for up to 3 days.
- It is easy to carry around because of the adjustable shoulder strap.
- A zipperless lid provides quick and easy access to food.
- It is water-proof and stain-proof.
- The SmartShelf lets you store hard stuff and soft stuff separately.
- Some users complained about the ice retention capacity.
Best Large Cooler: YETI Tundra 65 Cooler
This brand is responsible for setting new and better standards for coolers. Most of their products are superior in quality, weather-resistant, and have high ice retention capacity.
- It is compact but spacious and has a capacity ranging between 20-160 Quarts.
- Features a rotomolded construction that makes it virtually indestructible.
- The ice retention capacity lasts up to 10 days.
- Three inches of superior PermaFrost Insulation.
- Its thick FatWall design makes it a bear proof cooler.
- Long-lasting T-Rex Lid Latches.
- Some buyers were not satisfied with the insulation.
- A few buyers also complained about the weight.
Best Rotomolded Cooler: RTIC Ice Chest Hard Cooler
RTIC creates excellent outdoor gears within a reasonable price range. Their products are reliable and suitable for real-world use.
- Consists of heavy-duty T-latches and an excellent freezer-grade gasket store.
- It has molded tie-down slots and a rapid v-drain system for easy cleaning.
- There is a superior cooling system and ice retention for up to 10 days.
- High-quality products are available at a reasonable price.
- 3″ of insulated walls keep the contents chilled for a long time.
- It is bear-resistant, virtually indestructible, and has an integrated locking system.
- Some buyers did not receive a drain plug along with the product.
Extreme Ice Retention: Pelican 20 Quart Elite Cooler
Pelican is a multinational company that creates and manufactures a wide range of products. Their products are suitable for both industrial purposes as well as for consumer entertainment.
- This product is durable and has a superior quality cooling and insulation system.
- It can keep its contents cold for up to 3 days.
- Cooler also has several useful components like an inbuilt bottle opener, four self-draining cup holders, etc.
- It is water-proof, leak-proof, and extremely durable.
- The extreme ice retention capacity makes it suitable for all purposes.
- It has an anti-sheer hinge system and reinforced lockable hasp.
- Some buyers complained that the product was not worth the price.
Premium Insulation In Retro Design: Coleman Steel-Belted Cooler
This brand has been creating excellent quality products since the early 1900s. They started their journey with gas-powered lantern designs, and now 120 years later, they have dedicated themselves to making the best quality camping gear.
- High capacity of 54-quarts.
- Ice retention for up to 4 days.
- EZ-Clean Lid and additional cup holders.
- Charming, retro design.
- Waterproof, leak-resistant, and has a channel drain.
- Comfort-grip steel handles that allow for controlled and comfortable lifting.
- Some buyers complained that this product has gaps in the back that hinder the insulation.
What Is the Best Camping Cooler for the Money?
The best camping coolers should be able to do a lot more than keep the ice frozen. These camping coolers must also feature modern inclusions like sound insulation, drains, seals, etc. If you frequently go out hunting or live close to bear habitats, your camping cooler must also be durable and bear-resistant.
Best Cooler for Camping Buying Guide – What to Look at
There are specific characteristics that are similar to the best camping cooler. Given below is a shortlist of some of the most indispensable features:
This feature will help you to understand how coolers that keep ice the longest function. If your cooler has thick outer insulation, then the cooler’s contents will remain frozen for a longer duration. Most coolers make use of foam insulation. Some of the more advanced ones utilize polyethylene or polyurethane foam of 1.5″.
Ice retention will help you to understand what cooler keeps ice the longest. A good camping cooler with a high ice retention capacity will keep your food items chilled for a longer time. Different coolers have different ice retention capacity. It might last for a few hours for some, while the best ones have an ice retention capacity for 3-5 days for others.
If you pack a cooler for camping, you must pay some attention to its shape. It must fit easily inside the trunk of your car along with the other camping equipment. It must also have sufficient space to carry essential food items.
Depending upon your trip, the size of the cooler can vary:
- 1-2 days solo-trip: The cooler must not have a capacity of more than 25 quarts.
- 3-4 day-long trip with 1-2 people: The cooler’s capacity must not be more than 25-45 quarts.
- Weeklong camping trip with 3-4 friends or your family: You can opt for a large cooler with a capacity of 45-70 quarts.
The mobility of an ice chest depends on the following:
What to Pack in the Camping Cooler?
You can put any drinks and products you need to stay fresh in the cooler. However, do not put the products which you can transport and keep at room temperature.
What are the Best Brands of Coolers for Camping?
Speaking about top-rated camping coolers, we need to mention such brands as
These brands are well-known for producing quality gear for hiking and active rest. In addition, you can pay attention to options such as the Igloo cooler. This product is also excellent quality.
How to Keep the Cooler Cold
If you want your cooler to hold the cold temperature longer, you need to use it accurately and try not to leave the lid open for a long time. Also, always make sure the lid is tightly closed. Again, do not put products inside the cooler that can be stored without a fridge. Therefore, it will keep the cold much longer.
Cooler for camping will save you from problems keeping food and drink while you’re camping. These are very convenient devices that are appreciated by anyone who loves to relax in the fresh air. To choose the best cooler for camping, you need to pay attention to the quality of insulation, the lid, drain, and handles of the device. It is also worth noting that the best cooler for camping should be compact and fit in your car. We give first place to Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Zipperless Hardbody Cooler. This cooler is distinguished by maximum reliability; it is quite capacious and keeps food cold for up to three days. It is also worth noting that this cooler is water resistant and have patented zipperless lid. There are only positive camping cooler reviews about this device.